June 14, 2013
Yes dear readers, it’s true. Just as Jesus did with Lazarus, I am reviving this blog – and just in time to talk Summer 13! Normally, its the winter releases that I get all amped up about, but Summer 13 is packing some HEAT!
Click for the release notes
There are so many features that I want to discuss, that it was really hard to narrow it down for this post. Thankfully, I was given a chance to chat about some features on the ButtonClick Admin podcast yesterday, so I can use this post to talk about a few of the items that we didn’t have a chance to cover them.
read more »
February 1, 2013
Yes dear readers, it’s RELEASE NOTES TIME!! Cue the fun noises!
Click through to access the release notes.
Salesforce has dubbed this the release that will allow you to “Connect to Your Customers in a Whole New Way” – which is fantastic for organizations that are ready to take on all the awesome new functionality that is being released. But I’m here to look past the shiny new stuff (Communities, Chatter Answers, etc) to the bits that are going to matter to all the rest of us.
read more »
October 19, 2012
Once again, release time is upon us. (And I have to say, the logo picked for Winter 13 is pretty freaking adorable!)
Click through for the release notes!
One of my favorite things that I get to do with this blog is share all the updates that I’m excited about with each release. Now I know that Salesforce is most excited about Touch going GA, but I think that there are a lot of great little nuggets in this release that are more impactful. Here we go!
read more »
April 27, 2012
Yes, I know we are still several weeks out, but after reading through the Summer 12 release notes, I am super excited about some of the enhancements found in those 186 pages and I couldn’t wait to write about some of the stuff that’s upcoming.
Click for release notes!
There are so many things in this next release, that it is even hard to pick and choose which to write about. One of my favorite things about this release is that it doesn’t seem to be too heavy in one area, which has been the case in previous releases. Instead, Summer 12 has something for everyone – admins and end users. Here are just a few of the things that I’m most excited about.
- Chatter Messenger - I’m super excited about this one (and not just because I suggested it over a year ago), but I believe this will dramatically help to increase productivity. Imagine if you are working on a deal & want to ask the inbound rep who booked it a question. Instead of an email or Chatter post where you have to wait for a reply, you can quickly ping them from the opportunity record and get an answer in seconds. Or imagine the impact on case resolution time if support reps can do all their communications within Salesforce. This will be
read more »
February 10, 2012
I wonder where the enhancements is…
Wonder no longer – Spring 12 is here!
Spring 12 - Click through for release notes
For some of us lucky admins, we got the Spring 12 release last weekend, but in 24 hours from now, we will all be experiencing all the awesome features of this new release. This has been one of my favorite releases in awhile, and not just because of all the awesome analytics stuff that we’ve all been waiting for. I think it’s my favorite because I finally can get excited about the all the Chatter enhancements! So after a week of playing around with all the new features, here are some of my favorites:
- Chatter Bookmarks - This is a simple way to save a post in Chatter, either to read through later, or just as a reference to content you find useful. I’ve been using so much that I now try to bookmark posts on Facebook too. Someone needs to talk to Zuck about this.
- Files in Chatter Comments - One of the most popular types of posts in our Chatter org are “Where is [such-and-such] document?” Before Spring 12, the best you could do is copy & paste a link to the file. Now you can attach the file in a comment on the original post. One, great for keeping the conversation all in one place. Also, this makes a great post to then bookmark. Double-win!
- Chatter Invites to 200 Domains - This one may not be as important to small or mid-size organizations, but for us this is a big deal. We have different domains for every country we are in, and the 5 that were originally offered wouldn’t cut it. This is a small but super important change that will help a lot of larger companies.
- Cloud Flow Designer - This previously-paid add-on to Salesforce now goes GA & that is awesome for everybody. This is another way that Salesforce is enabling their ButtonClickAdmins to do more. The Flow Designer will allow non-developers to create wizard-type flows for data entry and navigation. Nested underneath this were some additional enhancements to Flow as well.
- There is no longer a desktop app to install – it’s all cloud-based now!
- The decision element is no longer boolean (only two options), but can handle multiple outcomes.
- And they can be moved via change set!
- Better search - The improvements made to global search are just awesome. Now instead of the user defining what objects they think they use most often, Salesforce search keeps track & searches those objects first, in order of how often you use those objects.
- Tab Bar Organizer - Finally, just a quick UI improvement for my end users. Some of them want to see every tab that they have access to, which makes for a lot of horizontal scrolling (never fun). The new organizer dynamically determines how many tabs can be displayed & puts any tabs that extend beyond the width of the window into a drop-down list. Not something that I’ll be using but great for our reps.
Did I skip over something you really love? What Spring ’12 features have been your favorite so far (or what are you most looking forward to use tomorrow)?